Reporting to the Travel Manager, the successful Travel Consultant candidate will be a professional that possesses sound knowledge of the travel industry and travel products. The individual will share a passion for travel, sales growth, and customer excellence. They will creatively tailor travel arrangements to exceed our customer expectations, and promote and sell travel products to clients while ensuring both outstanding quality and that the highest level of sales and service excellence is achieved, aligning with Robert Q Travel’s core values.
Location: London, ON / Woodstock, ON
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Plan, Co-ordinate and sell transportation, accommodations, tours, cruises, package holidays, insurance, and other travel related services.
• Provide advice and guidance regarding suppliers, attractions, customs, languages, entry/exit requirements, foreign currency, etc.
• Promote particular tour packages and products to align with and support our preferred suppliers, whenever possible.
• Manage multiple customer enquiries in a timely manner, with the goal of exceeding client expectations and securing future business.
• Participate in ongoing training and annual Familiarization trips to stay educated on destinations, suppliers, and changing travel trends.
• Maintain and grow business by continually seeking and securing new sales opportunities through varied promotional techniques, to ensure that individual monthly targets are exceeded.
• Contribute to a successful team environment by sharing in office responsibilities and duties, and by contributing to the office sales targets.
• Efficiently handle travel issues, conflicts, complaints, cancellations, refunds, etc.
• Experience working for a travel agency or within tourism and hospitality
• A college diploma or vocational training in travel or tourism
• TICO Certified with education in travel and the hospitality industry
• Knowledge of ITC, FIT, Cruise, Group products, travel trends and tailored holidays
• Enthusiastic individual who is multi-skilled with effective promotion abilities
• Superior customer service and proven ability to foster a positive team environment
• Organized, detail orientated and innovative with a desire to drive success
• Confident and self-motivated professional who possesses exceptional communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage challenging situations and surpass sales goals
• Proficient computer skills
• Demonstrated commitment to Robert Q’s core values
• Proven attendance and punctuality
Please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest. Please note that only candidates selected to proceed through recruitment and selection process will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.