Job Title: Trade & PR Intern, Canada (6 months)
Date Effective: October 2021 – March 2022
VisitBritain is the official tourist board for England, Scotland and Wales and is responsible for marketing Great Britain worldwide to prospective travellers. Its mission is to build the value of tourism throughout Britain by creating world-class destination brands and marketing campaigns.
Based in our Toronto office, the Trade & PR Intern works with a three-person Marketing, Communications and Trade team. This is a paid internship, $14.35 pr/hr, 35 hours per week.
Specific to Job:
- Support key 2022 events such as Birmingham2022 Commonwealth Games, COP26, Coventry City of Culture, The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee and Festival UK 2022.
- Support VisitBritain’s Diversity & Inclusivity initiatives
- Providing assistance with delivery of trade, marketing and communication activities will be a key responsibility of this role
- Activities to include: – Media & trade outreach across CRM & newsletters, ensuring CRM is regularly updated with key contacts – Research & writing – assist in researching story ideas and drafting press releases to be pitched to key trade industry & media contacts – Social media & digital marketing, drafting online & social copy a needed – Event management support – assistance with delivery of media and trade events (virtual and in-person) – tasks to include pulling relevant invitation lists from the trade & media database, assistance with decor, invitation design, liaising with trade & media contacts, on-site attendance and assisting with enquiries, booking rooms and ordering catering – General Office Duties – assistance should be provided to the Toronto team, as required on various projects, as directed by line manager, including organizing and facilitating operational elements of internal and external meetings.
Essential Skills Required
- Graduate of programme in Tourism & Hospitality or Public Relations/Communications
- An extensive knowledge of IT including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and database management, CRM and CMS management.
- Excellent research & writing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of all social media channels and a passion for being on the cutting edge of new communication trends
- A passion for the travel industry
- Strong multi-tasking skills and proven experience in a fast-paced environment
- Solid organizational skills
- The ability to work as a team as well as independently and confidently on solo projects
- Professional demeanor; Confident in business situations and at events
- Confident communicator who is not shy to ask questions when trying to complete tasks
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks as requested by line manager, which may include working across departments
- Good networking skills
For more information:
For more information on VisitBritain please view our websites:
Consumer website: https://www.visitbritain.com/ca/en
Media Room: http://media.visitbritain.com/ca/en
Travel Trade website: www.visitbritain.com/trade
Corporate website: www.visitbritain.org
Social channels: Instagram and Facebook.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Cathy Stapells, Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, Canada – email@example.com
You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. As we are located in the British Consulate, all candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
Deadline to apply: Monday 20 September 2021, noon EST