VACANCY NOTICE – SALES MANAGER, CANADA
The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority invites applicants for the position of Sales Manager, Canada based in Canada. Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Manager will assist in marketing the destination with specific responsibility for the Canadian Market. The incumbent must proactively develop, implement, and manage the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority’s (SLTA) sales and marketing strategy for Canada through the initiation and execution of effective campaigns and promotions. The specific duties for this position are outlined below:
• Directs the sales and marketing function in Canada by preparing Annual Sales Plans, stimulating and creating awareness of St. Lucia, establishing sales activities and targets and developing strategies to meet those targets.
• Develops an annual budget for the department; monitors and ensures expenditure is within established budgeted guidelines with the flexibility to adjust plans based on market conditions.
• Evaluates market data on sales activities, including competitive information, statistical information on new market segments, travel patterns and sales trends using these to formulate and execute tactics to meet booking goals as well as SLTA’s team goals.
• Develops and maintains relationships with Travel Trade, MICE, Caribbean Diaspora and other interests and organizes destination update sessions.
• Identifies and researches travel trade shows and conferences that will give Saint Lucia maximum exposure and Return on Investment (ROI).
• Plans and attends promotional functions such as award dinners, sporting activities, luncheons and other events; represent SLTA as required, making presentations on the company’s behalf. Conduct promotional and public relations speeches as needed.
• Provides sales perspective to the marketing and public relations team on initiatives.
• Supervises staff activities and monitors the achievement against goals; coaches and counsels as appropriate to encourage goal achievements and ongoing development.
• Ensures that staff have developed and maintained business relationships with travel industry partners and business community/organizations to promote St. Lucia.
• Assist staff with developing destination educational seminars plans for travel trade (travel agents, tour operators, reservation centres etc.).
• Plans and executes the North American Showcase. Coordination and execution of the Pitons Awards with the other Sales team awards in the U.K. and Canada
• Generally, facilitate the work of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority and undertake other duties that may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer
• Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism Marketing/Management, Business Administration, or related field; Master’s Degree Preferred and/or requisite years of experience in a related field.
• A minimum of ten years experience in the travel, hotel, or tourism industry.
• Exceptional relationship management skills, self-motivated, high energy, creative, flexible.
• Organized and able to prioritize a wide variety of demands.
• Excellent public speaking and sales presentation skills.
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient with Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram etc.) and database software tools.
• Intimate knowledge of Saint Lucia’s tourism product and keep abreast with market trends.
• Fluent in French
• Holder of a valid Canadian Driver’s license.
• Must be a resident of Canada and possess the requisite status to work in Canada.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICATIONS WITH RECENT CURRICULUM VITAE/RESUME AND TWO REFERENCES
SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
CHIEF CORPORATE OFFICER, SAINT LUCIA TOURISM AUTHORITY, P.O. BOX 221, CASTRIES, SAINT LUCIA
AND SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AT APPLICATIONS@STLUCIA.ORG BY 15th April 2022.
ONLY SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.