The position’s primary purpose is to maximize the sales of Tailor-Made and FIT product, and provide exemplary customer service by phone, email and live chat. The Tailor-Made team work with our DMCs to create amazing itineraries focused on Sustainable Experience Rich Travel. They work with travelers and travel agents across North America to create and sell unforgettable adventures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Travel industry course and/or experience within the travel industry
• Personal and/or professional travel experience to Intrepid destinations
• Experience working in a sales position
• Experience building Tailor-Made or FIT trips
• Experience with telephone, email, and live chat based customer service
• Experience working with travel booking systems
• Experience using a CRM system preferably Salesforce
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Excellent phone, email and live chat manner and technique
• Committed to exceptional standards of customer service
• Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy
• Ability to work efficiently without supervision
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• An understanding of and belief in Intrepid Travel’s Responsible Travel philosophy
• Clear alignment with Intrepid Group’s values (Growth, Innovation, Fun, Responsibility, Passion, Integrity)
• Outstanding team player
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to champion changes
• We support sales across all of North America and may be required to work evenings and weekends.
• As a team member of the North America sales teams, it is important to note that we require flexibility in your role. You may be required to take on tasks outside your usual role as required by the region or the wider sales and customer service team.
• The travel industry is demand-led, and workloads differ throughout the year. During busy periods annual leave may not be permitted.
• Tailor-made consultants are Included in the monthly rotate of social moderation for Intrepid Group’s social accounts
• Toronto Offices are open on public holidays except for Christmas Day.
• You will be required to attend sales meetings, regional meetings or global meetings potentially outside your normal shift hours.
• You may be required to attend company meetings offsite.
• You may be required to attend travel trade shows.
*** Due to the current lockdown measures, this role will be onboarded virtually and will be a work from home role until the time we can safely return to the office environment***