The Senior Program Manager, Travel Services is primarily responsible for creation, negotiation, bookings, scheduling, client liaison and program delivery of the various travel incentive programs offered by EM+I.
This individual will be very detailed oriented when arranging, confirming and communicating travel plans. They will act as the face and voice of Essential Meetings with suppliers and the travel industry before, during and after the completion of the various Programs. He/she will closely collaborate with all functional business units in the organization in order to develop and provide unforgeable travel experiences for EM+I clients and customers.
- Able to work in both English and French Canadian – write, speak, read
- Travel Agency experience and Sabre knowledge required
- Group Travel experience is an asset
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy planning and organizing
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work unsupervised, high level of autonomy
- High degree of customer service
- Judgment and problem-solving skills
- Work and time management skills
- Information gathering and monitoring
- High degree of initiative
- Teamwork and collaboration
The Senior Program Manager, Travel Services is responsible for the following:
- All Pre-Program design including acquiring and calculating budget quotes for hotels, travel organizations, transfers, excursions, etc.; contact negotiations and building initial itineraries and Master List.
- Researching and booking blocks of air travel for clients and EM+I staff (research airlines, charters, routings, etc.) including seating arrangements. Responsible for proofing booking references for each passenger, arranging for deposits with applicable airlines, compiling spreadsheets and ticket insurance.
- Creating and printing all passenger airline itineraries, ticket numbers, cruise confirmation, hotel and disembarkation allocation information and items. Responsible for sending information packages to Customers and working with the local ground operator to supply arrival/departure manifests for transfers from airport/hotel/ports.
- Gathering and printing Client Q&A sheets which include departure notices, reminders of special events, tour information, daily run sheets; assembling name badges, lanyards, banners, tent cards, ordering baggage tabs, etc.
- Working collaboratively with other members of the EM+I team to provide and verify marketing and web site content regarding destinations, hotel, travel information, travel insurance, events, including proofing content and acquiring high resolution photos from suppliers.
- Contacting all participants on Programs to confirm travel details. Tasked with resolving all issues or challenges with client contacts or representatives. Responsible for answering e-mail and telephone inquiries.
- Making arrangements for any pre-program site inspections by EM+I with potential suppliers including making appointments, arranging travel for EM+I staff, ensuring payments. Program Manager adjusts draft itinerary and travel arrangements as necessary based on the outcome of the site inspections.
- Making deposits to tour and travel partners and operators; determining commissions to tour operators; managing attrition of hotel, cruise, air by deadlines maintaining cost effectiveness.
- Using Master copy of Program spreadsheet to assign cabins/hotels/air block, cruise disembarkation time/adjustments, client and customer special requests or any unique and site specific special request for the program. Responsible for coordinating details of assignments with the airlines, cruise ships, ground transportation, hotels, tour operators, restaurants, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting on any changes to travel schedule, ensure ground transportation has up-to-date passenger information on arrival and departure times, arrange for hospitality desk/easels, arrange for permission for program photographer if required. Monitors activity maximum count in order to communicate Program’s availability status to Admin for Web site updates (e.g. “Sold Out”).
- (As an EM+I team member for Program) delivering on-site: organize and direct work of the Tour Directors, meet and greet clients and customers at airport / hotels and direct to ground transportation, distribute travel materials and packages for clients regarding itineraries and excursions; setup and take down Hospitality desk, sponsor board, schedule of events (English/French) for welcoming clients, special events, private receptions; assist clients as needed; attend all program events; oversee and ensure all passengers have checked-out, have sufficient departing transportation including seeing clients off at the airport.
- Closing out of programs including final payment of invoices, reconciliation of fees, closure or any outstanding issues, etc.
- Able to work in both English and French Canadian – write, speak, read.
- Travel Agency Experience and Sabre knowledge required.
- Group Travel experience is an asset.
- College Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree.
- Some experience in Tourism/Marketing.
- Ability to maintain favourable public relations.
- Good grammar skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Some supervisory experience or a combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Strong delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Commitment to working in a team environment.
- Strong communication, leadership, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to schedule work projects.
- Ability to evaluate and implement changes in programs.
- Ability to organize, evaluate, communicate and present information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
- Travel is required
- Fast paced
- Deadline oriented
- Project driven
- High level of accountability
- High level of confidentiality
- Overtime as required
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org before June 30th, 2021