Reports To: Director of Operations, EM+I
The Office Admin is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the President, EM+I, and other senior management members. Duties include but are not limited to reception, scheduling appointments and drafting both internal and external correspondence. The Office Admin is responsible for planning and overseeing all administrative support and office services for the company. This includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, contract management, supplies and stationery, and general troubleshooting. The Office Amin will also be responsible for the safety requirements of the organization’s facilities and assets.
In addition, the Office Admin is required to maintain confidentiality and professionally interact with employees, management and the public. Other duties shall be assigned as necessary.
• Able to speak, read and write English and French Canadian
• Communication Skills
• Problem analysis and assessment
• Judgement and problem solving
• Decision making
• Planning and organizing
• Work and time management
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Information gathering and monitoring
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Organizes all the administrative activities that ensure the smooth operations of the EM+I office, staff, infrastructure and facility.
• Must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Responsible for greeting and interacting with clients, customers and others. This may include fielding questions from visitors/travellers.
• Acts as a resource for the Program Manager, supporting and collaborating with PMs.
Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable
• Processes accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
• Performs day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
• Prepares bills, invoices and bank deposits.
• Reconciles the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
• Verifies discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues.
• Facilitates payment of invoices via sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
• Generates financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
• Responds to e-mail and phone queries on customer accounts.
• Acts with initiative to resolve issues.
• Able to work in both English and French Canadian – write, speak, read
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to evaluate and implement changes in programs.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
•. Capacity to learn new support applications such as EM+I dedicated Registration Site.
• Must have valid drivers licence
• Professional Office setting
• Travel is required
• Fast paced
• Deadline oriented
• Project driven
• Positive/high energy
• High level of accountability
• High level of confidentiality
• Overtime as required
Apply to email@example.com by June 30th, 2021