CAA is the leading Member services organization in Canada. With over 258,000 Members in Atlantic Canada, CAA has more than doubled our Member base in the past 10 years. To get here it has taken the dedication and hard work of someone like you.
Did you know that in addition to our Roadside Assistance, Insurance and Rewards, CAA is also one of Canada’s largest leisure Travel Agencies and we have a vacancy for a Senior Travel Advisor in our Fredericton location. If you are a positive outgoing person with a passion for sharing your travel adventures, we would like to meet with you.
What drives you?
- Your unbridled passion for travel and your desire to share that with your clients whether it is a weekend getaway to a hidden gem or a month touring some of the most exotic locations on earth
- You like to dot your I’s and cross your T’s because planning and organization is your key to getting the most out of every adventure you undertake.
- You know this will be the trip of a lifetime for your client so every detail matters.
- You know quality when you see it so you ensure you are able to offer the most preferred products to your clients.
- You understand to be the best at what you do, you must be at work regularly and on time.
What you will be doing on the job:
- Reporting to the Member Service Center Manager you will proactively manage an existing client base and new client opportunities.
- Sell travel and contribute to the team’s profit or revenue targets
- Provide travel information to individuals/groups regarding destinations, transportation and accommodation options/travel costs and recommend products
- Assess needs by individual customer and advise accordingly as to the most suitable travel product or service
- Calculate clients’ bills for travel services purchased, including taxes and discounts
- Reserve the components of a trip and advise on and issue ancillary items such as travel insurance etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers
- Provide exceptional sales and service delivery –Member First
- Collect service fees in accordance with CAA guidelines
- Consistently utilizes all components of the company’s lead management system
- Attend staff meetings/seminars outside normal branch hours
What has made you who you are:
- You’re no novice in the game, you’ve spent at least 7 years working in a travel agency
- You have a High School diploma as well as some post-secondary travel courses
- You are skilled in the Galileo/Apollo reservation system and Focal Point Software Possess or be eligible to earn a CTC/CTM designation
- You embrace travel technology applications and software including Galileo/Apollo and Travelport Cruise
- Your in-depth knowledge of International travel products, destinations and services is second to none
- Communication is your thing; you are a keen listener and can deliver a message clearly and succinctly
- You’re a fan of CAA! You understand the benefits of CAA products and services and are not afraid to spread the word
- You can discuss and negotiate details of tours with tour operators, airline personnel, car rental agencies and hotel staff
- You love to spread your enthusiasm and can easily present information on travel destinations at meetings or theme events
- You are blessed with outstanding sales and service techniques
- You know people, I mean really know them, and you possess an uncanny ability to match the appropriate travel product with the client.
- You possess the skills to lead a team through change initiatives
- You motivate others and build effective coaching techniques
- You have an unsurpassed commitment to customer service and sales
- You demonstrate an approachable, caring, friendly and customer service-oriented attitude.
- You conduct yourself in a manner that portrays fairness, honesty, and integrity
CAA offers you:
- A compensation plan that includes a competitive salary, and CAA’ s pay-for-performance incentives mean you will earn among the top dollars in the industry.
- An exceptional benefit package
- Onsite parking
Interested applicants are invited to apply online at
Email me at email@example.com
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.