A toast, to Geckos’ new ‘Spirited Adventures’
Thursday, April 20, 2017
TORONTO — Geckos Adventures has launched a new line of day trips that speaks directly to millennials’ love of all things “spirits.”
‘Spirited Adventures’, designed for ages 18-29, aims to educate travellers about the fine art of craft cocktails and exposes them to the world’s best local bars and mixologists. These crafty trips can easily be added to several existing Geckos Adventures itineraries and range from a couple hours to full-day outings.
“Today’s young travellers are really seeking out more authentic experiences,” says Leigh Barnes, regional director of North America for Geckos Adventures. “Our Spirited Adventures make drinking less about partying and more about understanding the process of what goes into making a great drink. These are a true celebration of some of the finest drinks across the globe.”
Spirited Adventures include:
- VM Kombi Cocktail Safari (Bali): Priced at $87, this nine-hour excursion visits the best beaches and bars in Bali and includes cocktail sampling with local chefs and mixologists at top establishments along the coast. Bookable on day 12 of ‘Bali and Beyond’.
- Cucsco Pisco Making: Priced at $48, guests will learn how to make the perfect Pisco Sour in Cusco, Peru, plus sample a variety at local bars. Bookable on day eight of ‘Peru Unearthed’ and on days two and three of ‘Peru at a Glance’.
- The Art of Craft Beer in Costa Rica: Priced at $95, this trip allows clients to experience Costa Rica’s craft beer revolution firsthand with brew samplings at microbreweries paired with locally-prepared tapas dishes. Bookable on days 16 and 17 of ‘Across Central America’.
- The Making of Malbec (Palermo, Argentina): Priced at $148, this trip includes highlights like wine tastings in an art studio and hidden cellar, as well as samplings of fernet with young Argentines at a local bar. Bookable on days one or three of ‘Buenos Aires to Rio Journey’.
- New York Craft Cocktail Tour: Priced at $110, this trip visits some of the best bars of the Big Apple, a lesson in making craft cocktails, a stop at micro-distilleries and learning about the Prohibition era. Bookable on days one or nine of ‘Eastern USA Highlights’
- Politics & Pints (Washington, D.C.): Millennials on this $40 trip will raise a pint while discussing politics in the historic Capitol Hill neighbourhood, plus visit Barrack’s Row, the oldest commercial district in the capital. Bookable on day three of ‘Eastern USA Highlights’.
- North Beach Pub Tour (San Francisco): While on this $77 trip, clients will wander through Little Italy and the streets of North Beach and enjoy Northern California craft brews from the area’s best bohemian pubs. Bookable on day eight of ‘LA to San Francisco Highlights’.
Spirited Adventures trips range from $40 to $148 per person and may be booked by calling 1-888-456-3522 or visiting GeckosAdventures.com.