Wednesday March 20, 2019
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Linkedin Linkedin Linkedin
Princess Cays operations resume after January fire

Princess Cays operations resume after January fire

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

SANTA CLARITA — Princess Cays is operational again, says John Chernesky, Vice President of Sales for North America for Princess Cruises and Cunard Line.

Princess Cays, the private Bahamian island destination owned by Princess Cruises, was impacted by a fire that struck the southern end of Eleuthera late last month.

“I am pleased to announce that we will resume operations on Princess Cays, our exclusive island of the Bahamas, on Feb. 4 with Regal Princess,” Chernesky told Travelweek’s sister publication ProfessionVoyages.com. “The Jan. 28 fire had no impact on the Princess Cruises routes. Several operations buildings in the southern part of the island were damaged, but no guest facilities were affected (with the exception of one of the public washrooms available). All facilities were inspected and declared safe and operational.”

In areas of operations reserved for personnel, work is already underway to restore the buildings and equipment affected, he added.

“There were no customers at Princess Cays at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is currently under study. Rest assured, your guests will appreciate everything Princess Cays has to offer!” says Chernesky.

FEATURES
LEARNING CENTRE
Go to Learning Centre






Get travel news right to your inbox!