Expansion is already in the works at Swoop with announcements of new U.S. and international routes on the horizon for this summer.
QUEBEC CITY — Fire was no match against ice at an ice hotel near Quebec City.
Located in Saint-Gabriel-de-Valcartier, the unnamed hotel experienced quite the scare on Tuesday morning when a fire broke out, allegedly due to a lit candle falling on bedding. Thirteen of the hotel’s 14 rooms were occupied at the time. No injuries were reported although some people suffered minor smoke inhalation.
Seeing how the property is made of, you know, ice, you would think that this would mean the demise of the hotel. But something must be in the water (or in this case, ice) in Quebec City because the hotel is remarkably still standing.
In fact, there was no structural damage at all. The only side effect of the fire was a strong smoky smell. The hotel will close for a few days as a result.
This is not the first time the hotel has caught on fire. In 2009, its administrative offices, located in a separate building, were destroyed by flames.