MONTREAL — Air Canada has just introduced its brand new ‘Air Canada Signature Service’, providing a “level of service unsurpassed in North America”.
Available to passengers flying in Air Canada Signature Class (the premium cabin of its wide-body aircraft), the new service makes Air Canada the first North American airline to designate aircraft with lie-flat seats for premium customers on select nonstop, transcontinental flights within Canada and to the U.S. These include overnight daily flights from Vancouver, Los Angeles and San Francisco to Toronto.
Air Canada Signature Service launches today for international customers, and June 1 on select flights within North America.
“Our new Air Canada Signature Service and Air Canada Signature Class brands reflect the ongoing refinements to our premium travel service. We know our premium customers travelling on longer flight itineraries place a high value on convenience and comfort when in airports or onboard an aircraft, and with Air Canada Signature Service we provide a level of service unsurpassed in North America on every widebody flight,” said Benjamin Smith, President of Passenger Airlines.
Air Canada Signature Service customers will receive the following perks:
- Access to airport concierge services
- Expedited check-in and security clearance
- Priority baggage handling
- Preferential boarding
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge access
- Access to the exclusive Air Canada Signature Suite (for eligible customers travelling to international destinations from Toronto-Pearson)
Air Canada Signature Service will be available on select transborder and domestic Canadian transcontinental flights when operated with Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 777, Boeing 767 and airbus A330 aircraft. This includes routes between Toronto and the cities of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, and between Vancouver and the cities of new York-Newark and Montreal.
To note, Air Canada Signature Service with lie-flat suites will be available daily on the following North American nonstop overnight flights beginning June 1: Vancouver-Toronto (AC126); Lost Angeles-Toronto (AC788); and San Francisco-Toronto (AC754).
To add to the seamless travel experience, Air Canada Signature class has also introduced new amenities, including:
- Updated onboard menu items from chef David Hawksworth, including for the first time on flights serving lunch and dinner in North America Air Canada Signature class starting June 1, and a South Asian menu by chef Vikram Vij on flights to Mumbai and New Delhi
- For transcontinental travellers, enhanced wine and spirits, and the added option of espresso and cappuccino served with dessert or a new cheese selection, while for international travellers Air Canada will now offer Laurent-Perrier champagne; on all routes, customers will enjoy the new Air Canada Signature cocktail
- For international travellers, personal comfort items by Canadian brands such as enhanced amenity kits by Want les Essentials
- Mattress pads to enhance the sleep experience
- At Toronto-Pearson, full fare Air Canada Signature Class customers departing on international flights will have access to the Air Canada Signature Suite, featuring a la carte complimentary dining, Moet & Chandon champagne, fine wines and premium cocktails
- For full fare premium cabin customers originating in Toronto-Pearson or arriving at Toronto-Pearson originating from a domestic f light with onward international travel, Air Canada will also provide Air Canada Valet Service, powered by BMW, starting later in 2018
“Customers travelling Air Canada Signature Class on international itineraries and, beginning in June, on select transcontinental flights within North America, will receive seamless Air Canada Signature Service,” said Smith. “They will enjoy added amenities throughout their journey, from curbside-to-curbside and at all points in between.”