Vacation Planner & Sales
Posted on January 5, 2018
Discover the beautiful waterways of Europe and Ontario, Canada, experiencing their towns, villages and countryside, from the unique perspective of your private river cruiser…with no experience needed!
With 40 years’ experience and the wealth of knowledge this brings, Le Boat are a leading supplier of river and canal holidays, currently operating across 8 countries in Europe with a fleet of circa 900 boats, and soon to be opening on the Rideau Canal in Ontario, Canada in 2018. The business also has a global sales market including the UK and Ireland, Northern and Southern Europe, the US, South Africa and Asia Pacific.
Le Boat’s range of destinations offer something for everyone, including families looking to keep travelers of all ages happy, a group of friends seeking fun and adventure or a couple seeking a quiet escape ‐ there is a wide choice of places to go and things to do.
Travel Sales agent and vacation planner with day to day contact with North American and Latin America Agents and direct customers delivering a high level of service.
- Manage agent/direct bookings
- Take reservations by phone, fax, e‐mail or post – all channels
- Assist agent/directs with special reservation problems and support using the agent/directs reservation system.
- Ensure additional revenue from ancillary services/extras has been offered.
- Check pricing and discount codes
- Report on exceeding discount levels
- Ensure all relevant client information is collected and systematically entered to the booking system and ensure bases are informed on time if necessary
- Enter pricing for cancellations
- Work through agent/directs booking list
- Chase options on a daily basis
- Achieve targeted conversion rates
- Make sure that payments (security deposits and balances) are paid in due time
- Ensure requested Fleet amends are dealt within 24 hours either with negative or positive response
- Ensure recommendation of product also helps to optimize occupancy, avoid gaps, not possible to sell
- Contact and inform agent/directs concerning any change of travel arrangements
Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Ensure complaints handed in will be handed over to complaints department immediately and keep agent/direct informed that there case will be dealt with.
- Report occasionally about status
- Support sending brochures, contracts and work closely with other members on of the Le Boat team on other projects as needed
Development of Brochure and Product
- Collate mistakes in actual collateral material systematically and report to Marketing Team
- Ensure that spotted mistakes in actual collateral material, new product ideas and ideas for special offers from agent/directs or own experience are reported to Marketing Team.
- Help with proof reading
Participation in Sales & Marketing Activities
- Fairs, Road‐Shows, Press Trips, Information Trips
Person Specification. The successful candidate will have:
- Fluent in English. French Canadian or Spanish is also an asset
- Has a previous experience in Travel Sales and Customer Service environment
- Pleasant phone manner/E‐Mail style
- Open minded for different mentalities
- Works accurately under stress with good organizational skills
- Target orientated
- Good computer skills
- Experience with booking systems
- Likes working in a small team
- T.I.C.O. certified
Company: Le Boat North American and Latin America
Department: Vacation Planner/ Sales
Location: Smith Falls, Ontario
Salary: Regular salary plus commission
To apply, please email your resume to Laurie.Hudson-Craig@leboat.com