Leisure Travel Consultant in Regina & Saskatoon
Posted on February 1, 2018
Live the Marlin travel experience; be part of the journey!
POSITION VACANCIES: Leisure Travel Consultant
Department: Travel Agency
Status: Permanent Full Time
Work Location: Regina, SK
Department: Travel Agency
Status: Permanent Full Time Work
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Transat’s mission is to brighten everyday with the joy of vacations. We are looking for ambitious sales-focused experts who are enthusiastic and passionate about travel. You excel at providing excellent customer service and consistently exceed clients’ expectations. You are a team player who will contribute to the results of the Travel Branch by meeting and exceeding your own sales and revenue targets. You are a professional who can create expertly curated leisure itineraries quickly and proficiently. Your goal is to gain loyal and repeat customers striving to secure life-long clients.
- Generate revenue, meet established monthly and yearly sales and revenue targets
- Quickly determine specific client needs and source solutions using all tools available
- Network and promote new travel business;
- Sell travel packages in all product categories to include the preparation of complex itineraries.
- Communicate confidently and enthusiastically to advise clients on travel options offered by our various partners to close sales;
- In a resourceful, entrepreneurial and thorough manner research and book travel products using our website; Apollo; Consul PC; Galileo Vacations and the internal reservations systems;
- Be alert to changing trends; customer needs and be able to adapt the services to the client’s needs even when difficult circumstances arise;
- Sales and customer service focused
- Must have a track record of proven success in retail travel sales
- Experience in planning and booking worldwide travel containing a mix of products
- Must have a minimum of 2 years handling leisure related travel within an agency environment
- Maximize the profit on every sale by comfortably selling ancillary products
- Ability to influence using proficient sales and prospecting techniques while building friendly and positive relationships;
- Social Media savvy.
- Strong communicator; participative; enthusiastic; optimistic; accommodating; energetic; verbal and active;
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Apollo, Consul PC, Galileo Vacations or equivalent;
- Flexible working schedule and able to work out of standard regular hours to participate in tradeshows, conferences, sales events and as part of the role;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written; Bilingual in French would be an asset but not required;
- TICO certified
- Good time management and follow-through on goals, plans, and projects.
- Excellent customer service skills- Demonstrates personal and organizational integrity
- Exhibits excellent problem solving skills.
- Capability of maintaining a favorable image when interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment
To apply for this vacancy, please send your resume to the following email address: email@example.com