Business Development Manager
Posted on August 27, 2018
Exodus Travels is looking for a travel industry professional with proven sales experience to join their team. The Business Development Manager is a remote position which can be based anywhere in Eastern Canada.
The Business Development Manager will work directly with travel agencies to develop their businesses, help them engage in local marketing efforts, train their sales staff on selling our trips and provide effective tools to grow business and surpass sales targets. You’ll also represent our companies at travel events and trade shows.
This position will require up to 75% travel within the assigned territory, which is eastern Canada and eastern USA.
- Increase sales of Exodus’ product with US travel agents
- Identify and service opportunities through direct channels in US market
- Provide excellent training and service to enhance existing industry relationships
- Market of Exodus product throughout industry and direct channels
- Build/maintain relationships with agents, agency groups and local partners
- 3-5 years sales experience in the travel industry
- Bilingual with fluency in French is preferred
- Experience with the travel agent community preferred
- Personal and/or professional travel experience in over 5 destinations where Exodus operates
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time to accommodate travel show and travel agency needs
- Must reside in a major air city in Eastern Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set and achieve goals and prioritize day-to-day activities
- Outstanding public speaking / presentation & training skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint. Experinece working with CRMs highly desirable
Salary DOE, 40-45K CAN plus commissions. Our package also includes a comprehensive benefits package 25 vacation days and 10 educational days.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.