Business Development Manager, Vancouver
Posted on February 8, 2019
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Business Unit: Transversal Commercial Iberostar Americas
Reports to: Director Sales Business Development Canada
Co- Responsible for the on-going Sales budget for all destinations to ensure occupancy, ADR and revenue targets are met as established in the annual budgeting. Responsible for “IberostarPRO” Sales Budget in assigned territory.
Conditions of Work: Normal sales working conditions, with mainly local and international travel.
- To increase the revenue from the Canada Market to our Hotels Worldwide in order to reach our budgets.
- To support the ongoing coops in assigned territory in order to reach our goals.
- To maintain strong relationships with the tour operators’ sales departments and to enhance already existing business opportunities with Travel Agencies/Associations and Consortia’s and to develop new ones.
- To promote and put in position Iberostar as leading Chain in Canadian market.
- To provide the Director Sales Business Development with market insights, advising on promotion activities concerning trade, PR and market trends.
- To promote and meet sales targets of the “IberostarPro” platform.
- To maximize the penetration of “Star Agents” loyalty program in Canada
- To complete tasks in timely manner to assure these purposes.
Director Business Development Canada, Regional Sales Directors MX, DR, JAM, BRA, Marketing Director America, EMEA, the peers in other geographical regions for cross selling and Director of Trade Marketing Canada
Related customers and partners within their assigned territory
- To help to achieve and exceed the budgeted targets of our hotels
- Focusing sales to our destinations in the Americas and Worldwide.
- Creating preference and loyalty for our products.
- Finding new business opportunities and increasing sales coming out of Canada to our hotels worldwide
- To develop and implement a well-defined and focused promotion plan with specific activities for assigned area of the US.
- To co-ordinate and attend specific industry & clients’ events as well as trade shows and personalized sales calls.
- To initiate and escort targeted client familiarization trips.
- To assist in PR activities.
- To support all our sales activities and promotions
- To promote and develop the Iberostar PRO and Star Agents programs with travel agencies.
- To develop and execute sales and promotion programs with travel partners and clients, aimed at increasing the market awareness to support the marketing plans.
- To assist with product training/Webinars to relevant agents.
- To hand over leads to other transversal commercials (MICE, Luxury, Golf) or regional directors.
- To maintain strong working relationships with the travel agencies and consortia’s Canada, through tour operators or directly and to support the activities of any member of the sales team when required.
- To establish key relationships with selected accounts.
- To define and target markets and accounts or geographical areas to be develop an appropriate sales solicitation strategy.
- To submit expense report as per the company policy and to respect expenses budget.
- To be updated and informed about all relevant information of the hotels, the latest product news, priority of sales, relevant changes in the market, changes of strategies etc. etc.
- To maintain strong working relationships with all BDMs ensuring prompt, informative replies to enquiries, quality lead generation and to provide thorough details on qualified accounts.
- To have regular virtual or personal meetings to follow up with Director BDM’s LATAM & Canada.
- To keep abreast of, and report on, market trends, competitor activities and client feedback in agreed reports.
- To do executive activity report to inform EMEA, Regional Sales Directors and Director Americas.
- To have communication and coordination with the Regional Director of Marketing for fairs workshops and shows.
- To provide feedback to the Director Sales Business Development Canada
- Actively and consciously promote the brand in all customer concerns.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org