Hola Sun offers nine destinations in Cuba, with more than 170 hotels, all backed by 27 years of experience says Hola Sun Holidays’ Sales Director, Hugo Rocha, in this edition of Friday 5.
1. Hola Sun rightfully calls itself ‘The Cuba Specialist’. How many Cuba destinations do you offer and can you give us a quick overview of your product range?
“We serve nine destinations in Cuba. We offer more than 170 hotels from two to five stars. We offer all-inclusive packages including air, hotel, transportation to and from hotels and representation services. We cater to different kinds of clientele. For nature lovers we offer many excursions across the island. Those seeking for a more adventurous holiday can book an excursion to Topes de Collantes in the Escambray Mountain range. Clients can also book a car with us or explore the island on a 14 day guided tour that covers the most important destinations of Cuba.”
2. How did Hola Sun get its start and why did it decide to focus on Cuba?
“Hola Sun has been in business for more than 27 years. The company always believed in the potential of the tourist industry of this beautiful island. Hola Sun found that Canadians had a great interest to visit Cuba and discover its world class beaches. The Canadian market also shows interest in exploring Cuba’s natural attractions such as Vinales in the Western region or the Zapata Swamp in the southern region. In addition Canadian tourists want to experience the culture of the Cuban people, the architecture of the colonial cities and its rich history.”
3. Cuba is always a top seller from Canada. Why do you think Canadians love it so much?
“It is a fact that the island’s beautiful beaches are magnets to Canadians, but when visiting the island Canadians value the Cuban hospitality, the friendliness of its people and their cultural heritage, from music to dance. Canadians tourists also love to visit the colonial cities such as Havana, Trinidad and Camaguey.”
4. What Cuba product does Hola Sun have that agents might not know about, or that’s new, or really special and unique?
“When clients book an all-inclusive package with Hola Sun, we include a bonus excursion in select destinations.”
5. How important are agents to Hola Sun and why should agents book their Cuba-bound clients through Hola Sun?
“We value travel agent business. Our competitive prices and low departure taxes allow us to pay higher commission to our retail partners. Also we provide travel agents with a high level of customer service.”